And you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.

A Weekend at Pride

pic by grian
I spent this past weekend attending our local Pagan Pride. The day was wonderful. Everyone seemed to be getting along just fine and the weather cleared of rain towards the middle of the day. Our group performed closing ritual which went off without a hitch. Overall, I would say the day was a complete success.

I was not able to attend many workshops throughout the day but I did get a chance to speak with Trish Telesco about the current state of our communities and the need for steps to further organization. I've touched on this topic before in recent posts. She's an interesting woman and I enjoyed our conversation.

Gavin and Yvonne Frost were also present as guest speakers. I did not get a chance to speak with them at length, but I did have an opportunity to introduce myself to Yvonne. She seemed like a very pleasant woman. These two folks are quite controversial, but I suppose that makes them pretty interesting guest speakers.

My favorite part of the day was the drum circle. I just love the freedom of jamming on the drums with others and the spontaneous way people burst into song and laughter. It's the epitome of celebrating the sacredness of life in my opinion. Although my drum is little I manage to hold my own, though a bit more quietly than the others.

I've been thinking and learning a lot lately so I am working on posts to come. For example, someone on a list that I am on recently brought up the topic of mixed faith marriages and how it affects the home and the priest/esshood. They even went so far as to say a community elder should not be considered an elder if they are in a mixed marriage. Wow, that is a bold statement. I'll be thinking on this one for later. School, family, and a growing Circle have got me pretty busy lately. Bare with me and yell at me if too much time goes by between posts.

3 comments:

Jason Pitzl-Waters said...

"They even went so far as to say a community elder should not be considered an elder if they are in a mixed marriage."

Which would effectively eliminate me from ever becoming an "elder".

Grian said...

Yeah, me too. Maybe that's the purpose of the idea - to weed everyone else out and make room for the big egos.

Wanderer said...

It would seem that way. Odd that by correlation this would indicate that an elder would have to have an increased bias, and decreased tolerance for those who walk parallel paths.