And you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.

Charge of the Green God

I am the Great Stag,
Horned God of the Hunt,
And the Green Man,
Lord of the living forest.
I am wild, untamed, and true to myself.
I sit beneath the great oak
And join with creation in enlightened ecstasy.

I am the Mystic, the Wanderer,
And the Sacrificial King.

I am the Sleepwalker,
The Shaman who moves between the worlds,
Brining prophecy and the knowledge of Self
From the shadows of the Revealer.

I am born of the Great Mother of All Things
And unto Her I shall return.

I represent the journey of the Spirit
And call upon your soul to seek oneness,
To seek the Goddess.
In knowing Her we know ourselves
And reach into the great void
Towards the essence of completion.

© 2006 Grian DeBandia

5 comments:

Turtleheart said...

Thats beautiful, I really like it.

Grian said...

Thanks Turtleheart. I'm glad you liked it. :)

Anonymous said...

How very beautiful and inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing your gift of words.

Anonymous said...

I loved it! It's powerful and inspiring. Reconciles us with the land.

Green Spiral Dragon said...

Did you write this? Who wrote this? email me ghostlly at yahoo dot com.