And you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.

Goddess Inspired Poetry

I found this free e-book on Lulu.com last night while publishing my own little written venture. It's called Maiden, Mother, Crone - A Celebration of All Goddesses and it's written by LeRoy McKitrick.

LeRoy writes about the Goddess, the women in his life, and the Goddess inside those women. It's truly lovely and only 36 pages long - so a nice quick read for those of us without a bulk amount of spare time. I've pasted two of his poems below. Give them a read then head over to Lulu to download this little treasure.

I found some other Goddess-y ebooks too, but I haven't had the time to read them just yet. When I do I'll let you know how they are.
"Untitled"

Matrilineal bloodlines
forever as true
never will it be questioned.
-The womb you grew in
shall always be the same.
The seed you grew from can
never be proven to be
your genesis.
Your roots can only lead
back to the Goddess.

"Untitled"

WITH GIANT STRIDES THAT
MARK OUT THE PRIMEVAL
HEARTBEAT OF AN EARTH
NOT SEEN BY LIGHT OF DAY
SHE PERMEATES ALL WITH
HER SIGHT.
AMONGST THE TREES NOTHING
IS HIDDEN, UNKNOWN.
A FERAL GRIN ERUPTS ON
HER LIPS AS SHE BREATHES
IN, SCENTING, TASTING, TOUCHING…
KNOWING –
MOONLIGHT BREAKS INTO TATTERED
SHARDS OFF GLACIAL BLUE EYES
THAT SAY –
I AM WOMAN
ALL THAT I AM AND ALL THAT
I WILL BE
KNOW ME AND FEAR ME
FOR THE MOON IS MY SISTER
AND THE WOLF MY MATE
I AM THE GODDESS!
SHE THUNDERS ON.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is LeRoy McKitrick! Thank you for your kind comments about my book and spreading my mad vision a little bit further in this wonderful world! I'm very glad you enjoyed reading it. Blessed Be! from an Agnostic Wiccan!

Rev. LeRoy James McKitrick