And you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.

Mama Monday and Miscellany

So I've been posting a lot lately, sometimes more than once a day. I've made a bit of time for Panthea lately, but it seems to be the only thing I've been able to make time for. I have emails I haven't answered, paintings to finish, laundry piling up, books to read, etc. Ah such is life I suppose. But I must say I am really loving the new layout. I loved the last one too but I couldn't manage to get over how weird it looked in Fire Fox. This one looks great in everything except the evil that is IE6. Anyway, hope everyone else likes it too. I think it will be around for some time.

Now onto Mama Monday goodness...


Above: Mother Love Goddesses from Amazon Earthworks


I was surfing around for something completely unrelated (can't remember what right now) when I wandered into Amazon Earthworks. I was suddenly inspired and entranced by the beautiful little Goddess altar items and vessels created by master potter, Margarite.
"When I combine clay, stones, feathers and other natural elements in my work, I am weaving the web and telling the story. We remember and reclaim the vital heritage of womyn as artists, creators of culture."
Everything was so pretty and I badly wanted the little white Goddess figure above. So I figured instead of spending some money I don't have I will simply share them with all of you. If any of you feels the need to purchase one of those lovely items please let me know so I can live vicariously. Hopefully one day soon I can gather up some change from all the pop cans I have waiting to be recycled (I drink soda instead of coffee) and support such talented and purposeful artists.

9 comments:

Mahud said...

Hi Grian. The new layout is lovely. My favourite so far. Like you said the last one, (though beautiful), was a problem in Firefox (the only browser I really use).

It's a shame you couldn't get it working in IE6, although I'm sure most people have upgraded to 7 by now. I have had similar sidebar problems in 6 on my blog (if I ever add anything to the sidebar I always have to check to make sure it's still floating properly. usually I just need to reduce the width of a div element somewhere).

Yeah, I love it and hope you keep this one up for a while :)

BTW: Did you once offer PSP brushes for download? I seem to remember downloading some from a site called greeneye. It was a few years back now, but if it was you , thanks! :D

I'd also like to thank you for offering The Book of Tridea for free on pdf. Haven't finished it yet, but I intend to.

Grian said...

Mahud, thanks so much for the comments (and tips) on the layout. It's lovely to talk a little geek sometimes. :)

I've thought about shrinking the div on the sidebar for IE6, but I am worried it will fudge up how the design is meant to be seen. Plus, the sidebar is only 180px now. I think anything smaller would be too skinny for me. Of course, it might just take a pixel or two to fix. Either way the wrapper looks ridiculous in IE6 and the images at the top have grey borders around them. Something with the way IE6 parses CSS I think. OMG, that was a lot of geek speak. :) Anyway, I am thrilled that you like it!

And yep, that was me. I was once a big brush-maker. So much so my bandwidth got sucked up on a daily basis. A lot of people still ask me about them, but I haven't gotten around to offering them again. Plus, most of them were made on PSP7 which leaves them restricted to a 255x255 max size. Most people want much bigger these days. And I thought to myself if I ever put them out there again I'd have to include the image packs for them, which is just a lot of work. So, for now they stay on my external drive in cold storage.

You're very welcome, BTW. Sorry, I babble sometimes. I'm really glad you got some good use out of them.

And you're very welcome on the BOT as well. If you have the time someday, I'd love to hear what you think of it.

As always, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

Grian said...

BTW, thanks for taking the time to read the Book of Tridea. I really appreciate that. :)

Rowan Dawn said...

They are a bit pricey, but worth it I think! I absolutely love the purple one!! Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

This layout is nice. I liked your last one too but then again i don't use firefox. I think Mahud is right in that just about everyone has upgraded to IE7 by now. Those figures you found on amazon were kewl. Good financial restraint in not buying one. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh one thing though...in my blogroll, I can get a 'snap' preview of the blog sites before clicking on them which usually tells me if they've been updated or not. But yours is the only one that doesn't do that. I get the 'snap' preview but it is of a REALLY old layout. I'm not sure why that is other than maybe it is a tag issue or something. Just thought I throw that out there since you were talking geek anyway. :)

Grian said...

Lavender - thanks for visiting! Glad you liked that accidental find. :)

Jett - I have no idea why that would be happening with the Snap preview. I don't know much about how that works, but I think it's something on Snap's end - like they need to update their screen shots or something. I'm not sure. I might have to look into it though because I just love puzzles.

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you did anything or if it is the new layout but Snap seems to be picking up your site now. Just thought I'd let you know.

Grian said...

Oh cool! I haven't done anything different. Must be the new look. Thanks for letting me know. I wish blogger had something cool like that.