And you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.

Back to Blogging Basics

So I gave the place a little redesign as you regular folks can probably see. I've decided it's time to get back to the basics of what this blog was intended to be.

I guess I thought all the superfluous stuff would up my traffic, increase comments, etc. But after seeing no real change I just figure it's best to stop clogging up the sidebar with a million unnecessary widgets and thing-a-ma-jigs. It's the content that counts and that's what I should be focused on. Not all the annoying bells and whistles.

I hope everyone likes the new design. It looks a little less than perfect in Safari (sorry mac users) and it's made for a big resolution. If you feel so inclined to let me know how it looks to you I would be greatly appreciative.

Oh, I would also like some opinions on something. I've been toying around with the idea of moving Panthea to blogspot. I already use blogger but I use my own webspace to host this blog. What do you guys think? It would be at a blogspot address (pantheablog.blogspot.com) that I suppose I could eventually get a domain for - and I would have to deal with the blogger nav bar at the top of my pages. The perks: easy publishing and a bunch of other tools that make things super cool and easy. Any thoughts? My other thought was wordpress, but I can't move all of my posts over there as easy as I would like. I've tried. Grr.

Now, let's see if I can come up with something blog worthly in the days ahead. Sometimes inspiration is knocking all the time and I could blog all day. Other times there's like some great void spinning through my mind and no words seem to come. Sentences get especially tough. :) Hopefully I can get some more temples done soon and get back on track.

Pic: the little harvest Goddess in my garden.

8 comments:

Debi Crow said...

I like both Blogger and Wordpress, and currently use them both for different projects. I say go for it - Blogger is so easy and straight-forward. I don't know what your intentions are for the site design-wise, but I find Blogger best for getting the look you want because you can change all your fonts and colours etc, which you can't do on Wordpress.

Anyway, whatever you decide I'll follow you there because I love reading your blog! xx

Grian said...

Thanks Debi. I do like to design so Blogger is probably my best bet. Btw, I just added you to my blogroll. :)

Cat C-B (and/or Peter B) said...

I like the look--clean and easy to navigate.

I've never really experimented with anything beyond Blogger, so I have no way to make a comparison there. But I've found them to be a good host, so that's the reason for my limited experience...

Grian said...

Thanks Cat. I'm glad the site is looking good on other computers. I noticed the sidebar goes missing in smaller resolutions so I added a little script to shrink the site and get the sidebar to show. Other than that I really like the current look. Blogger is top notch and only improving all the time. I think I'm sticking with them. Thanks for your input.

Anonymous said...

I use wordpress which I like better than blogspot. Having said that, I'm not sure what advantage either one would give you over what you have.

Grian said...

Thanks for the input Jett. I tend to like wordpress for their simple layouts. I like clean and clear layouts that are easy to read. And I seem to have a thing for whitespace. But I also really like being able to make things custom to my liking. I think Blogger may be better for that.

Anonymous said...

I prefer WordPress myself and have found it imports well from blogger -- I'm sorry to hear that's not working for you. The new design looks nice, but kind of messed up (but readable) in Firefox. I guess maybe it's a Mac-specific problem rather than a Safari-specific problem.

Speaking of blog problems, I've never been able to subscribe to the feed for this blog successfully. I have to remember to manually check the site to see if there are any new posts.

Glad to see you're posting again.

Grian said...

Editor B - thanks so much for your input. I have noticed that weird thing Fire Fox does to the page. Safari seems to be okay with it right now, but FF is my nemesis. I'm not sure how to fix it yet, but I'm working on it.